Monday, May 11, 2009

Manufacturing engineering co-op



Manufacturing engineering co-op

Summer-Fall 2007

Competency: This artifact shows a few of the many projects and events that took place while I learned hands on experience in the field of manufacturing. Ideas such as lean, facilities design, ergonomics, OSEH, and operational management.

Summary: These are just a few of the many things that I experienced as a ME at Bobcat. To summaries the time that I spent there into a brief page would be unfruitful. However the time spent there was a great learning experience and it advanced me way beyond what any other program or teaching could take me. As you can see from the pictures the first photo is a line side rack designed to hold various hardware for operators. This is also an idea of lean manufacturing, minimizing line side hardware. The second photo is a coolant fill station; the idea of this is to fill the machines with coolant while removing any air from the system. This provides the machine with easy start up with out having to add additional coolant.

Self-Reflection: The hands on experience of Bobcat propelled me through the rest of my schooling. It was these experiences that help me link theories taught to me at the University of North Dakota to hands on situations as well as a spark to push through tough academic challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment