Monday, May 11, 2009

Applied Synthetics


Applied Synthetics

Spring 2006

Materials: Chop fiberglass, Wood, Polyester resign

Competency: This project demonstrates an overall competency of applied synthetics materials and process that are needed in order to create shapes and objects that would not normally be created by conventional materials.

Summary: This project is a Sub-woofer enclosure for a spare tire that fits into the trunk of a car. The idea of this project was to show the understanding of the creation of hardened fiberglass. The project also shows ideas such as weight reduction and creativity.

Self-Reflection: It was this project that I was really about to take my creative side and apply it using hands on method to real world situation. I took my own car and spare and created a sub woofer that saved space as well as gain the space I would have normally lost with a traditional sub woofer box.

No comments:

Post a Comment